View Single Post
Captain
# 15
12-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
It was a situational thought in taking both THY and TS - wondering if the MEF would add DEF to the THY Plasma. I could definitely see dropping the THY for a DPB - along with dropping one of the torps for mines.

I'll think about that with some of the ships I actually have - instead of those I just think about getting down the line. Thanks.

In the original post, I said that I'd normally go Trans instead of Plasma (changing consoles, etc as necessary) - but the gist of it is a high survivability torp boat using S7 toys.

I do not have a Vesta, but it's a tempting ship - that I could see getting down the line to dork around with as a torp boat.

With it, though, I ruled out TSS pretty early (part of the reason it's an Eng captain instead of a Sci). I feel naked without APO or PH - there's no APO, so I all but feel I have to sport PH. That left the decision in the build of ST3/ST1 vs. PH3/PH1. Since the ST would mainly be for the cleanse rather than the shield heal - PH3 crept in there (with all the talk about shields down pop, pop, pop - being able to keep PH up as much as possible for both movement and hull resistance - oh well).

It's a case of trying to maximize that plasma damage, hull damage - and being annoying. Part of the reason for the Deltas over the Danubes - Tach beam, Phaser Procs, and Trans torps.

It's an attempt at an outlast build - their disabled systems, hull burning away, random placates. Yeah, an attempt at an annoying build.
but this is very selfish in my opinion.

to be an engineer captain with so many self only abilities like PH.... when a full aux tss3, either for you, or a teammate makes you way more of an asset to the team, and its better even when you want to be selfish honestly.

also, Delta offers an amazing resist. now, couple that, with the ability to throw that tss3 and delta, on yourself or a teammate....

get where im going here?

edit: also, of you want an annoying build, you need to start off with a sci captain.

Last edited by thishorizon; 12-02-2012 at 01:17 PM.