View Single Post
Captain
# 23
12-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
What points were those, again? Perhaps you should reiterate them because all I'm seeing is a complaint that the badge is too thin.

And I think the answer is:

The polycounts are on a tight budget. Ground models push this budget already. And Cryptic messed up by having a boob slider. Because badges will either clip or float. Your choice.

Any other solution adds polygons.
Add an offset value to the positioning of the combadge and fleet patches. This could be made to work like the tatoo mechanic where you can literally move the tatoo around. What's one more set of values added to the customization mechanic? So it takes a few nanosecods longer to process the combadge position data. Small price to pay if it means the end result looks less stupid.
I personally want a Star Trek game that is actually Star Trek. On a qualitative level that could be a lot of different things for a lot of different people. But on a quantitative level, if the developers were to watch star trek and make the game like what they see, then at least it will be a shot in the right direction, as far as I am concerned.