View Single Post
Ensign
# 681
12-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackack1 View Post
Hi, I'm just now trying the new EXE & it says it's patching, but the speed is gawd-awful dialup slow. I have DSL so it should be more than able to download anything superfast, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOO. sto MUST download at the slowest speed possible. morons. Why can't they just post the update file somewhere and let each "client" to download the update at our own speeds? Whatever.

Anyways, I thought I'd post what I have from the "patch_trivia" file, just in case the new patch doesn't take.

So there ya go. Hope the slow-az patch installs. I'll keep you updated whichever way it goes.
Otherwise, I'll go back to playing BGO (Battlestar Galactica) instead.

UPDATE: I did find an updated patch from Perfect World here -
I downloaded the "Patch Update" - Patch 676-679: Released 11/27/12. BUT, it's a .cup file. How/where do you use this???????

Still patching game....

2nd UPDATE: Well, after downloading-installing patch for 3 hours, it crashed. Galdarn good-for-nothing. F-YOU, CRYPTIC.
according to this, it's Perfect World's proprietary patch file format, used for manual patches.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=772032

I just tried hitting Enter from the login and it didn't work, it just ran the game. No idea how to get this to work on STO.