Thread: Recluse Dilemma
View Single Post
Captain
# 6
12-03-2012, 11:45 AM
How are you (the captain) skilled?

Cmdr universal is both a blessing and a curse, you can turn the recluse into a pseudo-scort or more of a Sci-cruiser than anything...

If you're skilled well in the patterns, etc., then you're golden with your tac cmdr plan. So, here goes:

Tac Cmdr: I'm seeing a drop of the spread, and going HY I / AP-D I / HY III / AP-O III. You're gonna want (need) the maneuverability from Omega, and I found Delta to be a surprising multi target debuff, especially when you're in "tank" mode or you can apply it on a tank. HY I is there more to apply the thermionic's debuff through shields more than for damage, a HY III should be more than painful enough against hull. Keep in the back of your mind BFaW I instead of doubling HY torps, that ability comes in handy for anti-seeking torp defense when fighters are down or busy with other targets...

Sci Lt Cmdr: TSS I / HE II / GW I is a decent build.

Eng Lt Cmdr: EPtS I / EPtS II / AUX2SIF II. Twinned EPtS allows shield cycling, the Aux2Sif is a nice hull heal, though be careful if your aux drops too low as it lengthens the cooldown on fighter deployments. RSP is, IMO, more useful as a tank with multiple beams hitting you from multiple directions - the resists are more useful than the 10% heals...

Sci Ens: I'm leery of the second TSS I, especially with 3 shield heals already. Second copy of HE (HE I in this case) could be a hair more useful or even Sci Team if you want to keep yet another shield heal (and it's chainable with TT)

Tac Ens: TT all the way.

As for sets, I prefer Omega instead of MACO, Tetryon glider with tetryon guns and fighter tetryons = much shield shrinkage. I love keeping the queen's ship on Hive Normal with redlining shields across the board because of all this tetryon damage ...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...