View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 18
12-03-2012, 03:07 PM
CoH players will know me from the CoH Forums. CoH was my third MMO, after EQ and Dark Age of Camelot, and will forever hold fond memories for me, even after all the shine wore off for me. All the in-game events, the M&Gs, the ComicCons, etc. Met lots of good poeple online and off, and keeping on contact with quite a few.

I was there for the end, admittedly not having been very active for some years, especially since I started going back to school. Heck, the only reason I still play STO is because of the LT Sub. But there was a lot of nostalgia going back for one last time, my wife and I parking our characters in their ideal "end of the story" spots before hitting Atlas parks with our mains just in time to see the lights go out and get the "forceably disconnected from server" message when they pulled the plugs.

Although I'll miss it dearly, I understand why it was shut down - it probably wasn't terribly lucrative for NCSoft to keep it running and developed. Regardless, with what NCSoft did to their developers - shoving them out the door with no prior notice like so much refuse after years of service - I'll be hard-pressed to try or buy any NCSoft title for the foreseeable future, which is a shame for their talented studios. I'm sure that Guild Wars 2 is probably a great game, but under the NCSoft banner, I couldn't in good conscious touch it.

Here's to you City of Heroes, and to my lost home on the Triumph server. I won't always be online, but when I am, I'll be hanging my phasers at Atlas Station with the Paragon Expeditionary Fleet.

I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the rules.

Last edited by obsidiusrex; 12-03-2012 at 03:42 PM.