Thread: An apology
View Single Post
Captain
# 13
12-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by devorasx View Post
There is a hebrew saying: Pride before a fall.

And that saying I will heed to now. I wish to apologize first to my own fleet for my rash and far outspoken manner on fleets do and do nots. I admit it was foolish, stupit, borderline pathetic, and I wish top rectify that before my last shred of credibility and dignity flies out the window. Secondly i wish to apologise to the pvp community for my rubbish behaviour and hope I can still contibute where I can.

Finally I still stand on my descion to withdraw from the bootcamp. Given the unfortunate circumstance ive caused, such conduct Ive shown will not reflect well on the bootcamps spirit and intent. So to spare them, I will not participate.

This is final if Sargon or others dont have a bloody good reason why to even bother having me present.

Thanks for reading.

Dev
Thanks for this humble response, Devoras.

In point of fact, I think this apology alone warrants your participation in Boot Camp. Because we are all so passionate about PvP we can sometimes get carried away in how we respond to one another, which occasionally leads to words that we later regret. In our worst moments, we realize our mistakes but fight on defending our statements because we don't want to appear weak. In our best moments, we do what you did, Devoras, and admit our mistakes. Injecting a bit of humility into these forums--and into PvP more generally--is PRECISELY what we need at this moment in the game. You have done PvP a great service, my friend.

You are an insightful, eager, and intelligent person, Devoras. I would hate to lose you, esp. over something like this. So, for now, and given all of the positive responses you have received here, I am going to consider you still an active member of the Boot Camp, unless you really insist on being removed.

And since we are on the topic of Hebrew literature--my PhD work is in the study of Semitic literature-- I will quote another one: "The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice" (Prov. 12:15). This is a good quote, whether or not one ascribes any sort of authority to the Hebrew Scriptures. And it happens to describe you--not the fool, but the wise man, who listens to advice.

Thanks again, Devoras. See you at Boot Camp

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus