View Single Post
Captain
# 139
12-04-2012, 08:40 AM
I used to think KDF were overpowered and I usually expected to die when queued up for KvF PVP. Then I joined fleets who taught me how to make a proper builds. Suffice it to say I finally understand the game mechanics about builds and character traits. With that new acquired knowledge, I decided to create a KDF toon from ground up and honestly I make federal players cry with only mk XI console gear, most of it rare quality. To this day I still cringe thinking about the horrible mistakes I've made with my earlier builds, and how stupid I must have sounded with the insults I've thrown at KDF convinced they were a bunch of cheaters and haxxors LOL. To be honest, I'd bet good money on KDF being able to go in with mk VIII common gear in pvp and still slaughter the average feds pugs simply because they know how to pilot their ships.

Seriously, STO doesn't encourage novices to learn anything unless they let go of their ego and ask questions around (or simply visit the forums). For almost 4 months, I was flying mixed tac consoles that don't match the weapons I carried (which were also mixed), sci consoles that didn't help with the boffs abilities and didn't care one bit about subsystems power levels etc. I didn't even have active space/ground doffs. To me, Fed PVE content motivated players to just pew pew, teamwork seemed like an alien concept. Anyways, I don't think it is a bad thing STO is run like that, the more complex the game is the more fun I can get out of it. Funny thing is, I'm still learning things.
Forum fun murdered. No longer in service.

Last edited by deokkent; 12-04-2012 at 08:52 AM.