View Single Post
Captain
# 73
12-04-2012, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindsmygears1 View Post
Guess I just find it funny you say you guys didn't use FAW much.

As far as your shove it down their throats mentality goes, they would have to be listening first. I suppose if a country wanted to prove to the world how bad nuclear weapons are, they could just fire off every nuke they have to show them their right too. Or if someone wanted to pass a law to be harder on child rapists, they should first put 5 convicted rapists to work in every school to prove how much harm they can do.
those are really extreme compairisons.

your first example-

the problem there is that the world knows how deadly nukes are, so if a country is threating to nuke the world because theyre not listened too, they will get listened too.

Cryptic doesnt even seemingly know just how powerful these consoles and abilities are, and on rare specific occasions have flat out said theyre supposed to be more powerful because you buy them.

the problem is, the pvp community knows just how OVER POWERFUL they are compaired to everything else. cryptic does not.
i see that as because the pvp community has kept it to itself mostly, while people who have no idea what theyre doing use them and dont see any issues, because theyre more then likely not using them right.

your second example-
if theyre convicted then that means its already been determined by the group at large just how dangerous they are.

once again, crypitc does not have this because the people who know just how extreme they are don't use them out of a gentlemens agreement. which has cause any eyes that see them being used, being only used by people who are not making the most out of them.

once again- the pvp community keeping it to itself has cause absolutly NO changes to occur to the powers, not even a global cooldown. in fact, i think the community keeping quite has made it worse.

remember when consoles were restricted to their own ships class? that had a little bit of balance to it. then they took it away too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?