View Single Post
Career Officer
# 25
12-04-2012, 04:24 PM
[quote=bitemepwe;6809831]
Quote:
I still hate this idea just for the fact it ignores the backstory then moves the player into a setting that is diametricly opposite the backstory without explanation of why we went from war to peace between to factions.
Its not like teh stories ingame allows the player to discover the Undine/Iconian threat and be that " Dark Hero" that pitted against his own government fights to do the right and save us all.

As I have said before, its easy for me to hang around and wait to see if the KDF ever comes to thier own.
I just feel bad for those whom enter and quickly learn that the game is more commerce than story or become an imbittered, untrusting member of the community like myself.
From what I have been able to piece together from the loading screen messages, is that relations broke down after the Klingons conquered the Gorn, Nausican and Orion (of which the Federation disapproved) and when the Undine infiltrators were discovered the Klingons asked for help and the Federation refused. The culmination of which has resulted in a de-facto state of war rather than an actual conflict.

But yeah, you shouldn't have to hunt for clues as to what is a significant event.