View Single Post
Career Officer
# 22
12-05-2012, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voicesdark View Post
Adding 50 marks to the officer of the watch is like putting a bandage on the blood gushing stump where an are of a leg just got ripped off.

Fact is Cryptic said small fleets while somewhat slower would still be able to advance and why that has never been completely true, they said the fleet system was going to be designed around the average 20 person fleet. Maybe more like 200 person, and now with all the season 7 changes kiss all that goodbye.

simple solution: once a fleetbase hits full tier 2 a fleet has the opportunity to "surrender" their fleetbase for a smaller more utilitarian ground base with very little customization options. The projects would then be the tier 3,4,5 shipyard, comm array, replicator projects and then the main tier upgrade ones, but at smaller fleet restrictions. restrict this option to 50 unique fleet members, and it cannot be undone.
I've already been working on a design proposal for the ground base.
The starbase has become even easier to do prior to and after season 7. Doff requirments were butchered, the hell assignments were nerfed. Try as a small fleet of 5 actives gathering 250 rotgut and rales...cost me alone 120 mil , not sure what others payed beforw it got changed to food and drink... Them 20 ec comodities are alot cheaper then then 150k+ ec drinks i had to payfor and farm.
All the costs of the tiers have gone down and made it alot simpler when i was pushing my kdf fleet on my own since the rest cared more for the fed side. I kept it burning easily after the new requirments.
Now if your smart dilithium is quicker to aquire. Even with the reductions in direct stf payout and the fixing of the officer report exploits the only issue i hit was flarks and that was managable by doing the right assignments at the rate time i could pull 300 in an hour of the event. Just need to do some math and use your friendlist or the many chatrooms to get a team up to do it fast and efficient.

Right now with alot of new players coming to the game with the push on multiple sites for season 7 recruitment is very easy. If you choose not to recruit and take advantage of this surge in the player base then don't complaign at not being able to hit goals as well as others. As others have stated these goals were designd for medium to large fleets of active players. This active players were stated as 25-50 more around 50 players spending 2-3 hours per day working on the starbase, this means doffing, flarking, dil and ec grinding.
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/