View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-05-2012, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer View Post
While this is true, it ignores degrees.

Jerry hits Tom with a baseball bat. One swing. Jerry's assaulted Tom with a baseball bat.

BUT

Jerry hits Tom with a baseball bat. Three swings.

To Tom, it definitely matters if Jerry swung once or swung three times.

When the police come along to pick Jerry up, the number of swings is going to matter to them as well.

It doesn't change that Jerry assaulted Tom, however - the degree of that assault has changed and that degree matters.

It's not a case of making excuses for the use of a single console - it's not a case of saying that it's not P2W (there's no arguing that an advantage was bought); however you can't equate the following:

Tom bought an Oberth - he's using the EPM in his free RA ship.
Jerry bought a Karfi, bought some ASDs, bought a Draguas for AA, bought a Scourge for Theta, bought a Vandal for Leech, picked up a Tachyokinetic, grabbed AMS cheap off the exchange, and opted for more SWDs cause he's testing something with Tet Glider.

Now are we going to see posts complaining about Tom on the forums? Or are we going to see them about Jerry?

Both Tom and Jerry are P2W... but there's degrees. Tom's hitting you with a whiffle bat - Jerry's hitting you with an aluminum bat soaked in resin and dipped in broken glass...

Then take that into a team situation. You have 5 Tom's, they might have picked up a C-Store ship, etc, etc, etc. You have 5 Jerry's - they've put Cryptic employees' kids through college. There's degrees...

So this...

...is kind of a load of garbage offered by Jerry's trying to rationalize what they're doing.

No P2W Guy > Little P2W Guy > THE P2W Guy

There's degrees.

I'm a Little P2W Guy. I'm not the boy scout that helps old ladies cross the street that the No P2W Guy is - but I'm not THE P2W Guy that's mugging the old ladies for their social security checks.

There's degrees.
haha. That was awesome. Well written. Your point is well recieved. I want to focus on the fact that we are all pay-to-win. Some of us to lesser degrees than others but all of us have our hand in the pot at this point. There is nothing productive about hating each other to lesser or greater degrees because two people on his team or all five people on her team is tom or jerry. I'd also like to point out that until Cryptic deems it as inappropriate it is not only working as intended but designed the way that in fact Cryptic intends for it to be. With that said it is not the players job to police other players. The exception are tournaments in which us; the players, police our own rules to make the event as fun and successful a turnout as can be.

We have no authority to police one player who is a Tom or Jerry in the public queue and part of no fleet as we do to police a five man team in the public queue and part of whatever well known fleet name. You may not respect that player or fleet and that is your right. But the cheese we have in the game in whatever degree has been designed by Cryptic and until they deem their design flawed it is not our place to police what players or teams run on their ship in the public queues.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 12-05-2012 at 03:43 AM.