View Single Post
Commander
# 36
12-05-2012, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrainor View Post
No, I mean playing with integrity in the spirit of competition. It should be self evident why some of these console powers are frowned upon.
Integrity? Honour? I'm not a Klingon

I can understand what you mean, but honestly, apart from one or two of the stupidly powerful consoles, I don't think they are that bad. Certainly the consoles I have on my ship aren't that powerful.

Besides, where is the honour and integrity shown by those people who love spawn camping?

Quote:
Very easily in a game with so much misinformation floating around, like STO
You've lost me? How is 19/20 kills and over 700k damage not successful?

Quote:
Last time i was playing each MkXI blue console adds approximately 6-8% overall dps, and they stack without diminishing returns.
Fill tac with tac is still my advice. And I know the defiant has more than 3 tac slots
Take it or leave it.
Yes, it does, but I already have one tactical console slot filled by my ADT. I know not many people seem to think it is worth it, but I think it is brilliant for picking off heavy torps and the like, so I'm keeping it

Thanks for the info on the damage consoles. I'll be taking a look at those sometime over the next day or two.

Quote:
That's much better, but I still say aoe dps is not as worthwhile as single target. In pvp, you aren't trying to damage many at once, you are trying to kill one as fast as possible. Unless you're spam clearing.
I agree with you here, single target would be better, but I am trying to keep a power set that can be used for both PvE and PvP, and AOE in PvE is really useful. I might be able to retrain some of my BOffs to allow for some switching around between PvE/PvP, but I've not looked at that properly yet. I was more interested in testing the surviviability of my new skill set.

Quote:
I cannot describe in words just how huge the benefts of keybinding a few defensive cycle powers onto a key is. And that benefit is dwarfed by the benefit gained from using seperate fire keys for DHC's and the rest/spike. eg: you use cannons, turrets and torps, so if it was me, i would be using 3 fire keys, to best optimise your spike timing.
Now this, I understand. Last night when I was testing my new skill set, there were loads of times I took a little bit of damage because I had let TT slip. Having them all bound to the spacebar as one guy suggested would make keeping them up so much easier. Like I said though, I wanted to see how it all worked before I started automating parts of it.