View Single Post
Commander
# 37
12-05-2012, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetam1 View Post
Honestly there is just so much whining on forums these days that I would not take anything seriously. If I refuse to use certain tactics/consoles it is because of my personal experience fighting against them or because of trusted sources that advice against it.
To a new player I can only say, play and see for yourself. In the end it is only a game and there is not even any ranking. You have to decide for yourself what you want to use.
This is pretty much my plan. Some of the consoles I have on my ship are there purely because I've not used them before and want to see what they are like. Others I had on there have already been removed.

As I said earlier, I think I can remove 3 of them and still keep the fun ones I'll want to use in PvP. Out of the 9 I had listed, the ones I'd keep are:

Cloak (Circumstantially good for PvP, but once it is deacticvated, it's useless until you either die or get out of combat),
Automated Defense Turret (I like it for picking off heavy torps, but most people seem to think it is useless),
Point Defense System (3 min CD 'Get those damned fighters off me' button. Not much use for anything else, and a long CD for PvP),
Subspace Jumper (Really, really, really looking forward to tsting this in PvP, but in PvE seems to be fairly circumstantial again)
Assimilated Console (like everyone else in the match doesn't use this too?)
Impulse Capacitance Cell (Again, a 3min CD on it, but it is a one-shot 'Get me the hell out of here' button. Good for brown sticky moments, but otherwise pointless).

So, I think there is not too much to worry about from my 'OP' consoles here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aetam1 View Post
I would keybind EPtS. That way you will always have it running and nobody will catch you off guard.You could also throw TT in there but that prevents you from using it on a teammate, so it's not optimal.
As for weapons, don't bother to micro them. Just put everything on autofire. Only the torps are worth firing manually. And even there it is questionable how good you can time your torps to hit the hull. It's not so easy to predict when someones shield is going to fail. I would fire them manually but even autofire might work for them.
Cannons and turrets... just use autofire.
EPtS and TT would be the ones I bound. CD on AP:O is too long I think, so not that.

And yeah, turrets and cannons can go on autofire. Not torps though.