Thread: Phaser Relays
View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
12-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by andoriansrus View Post
I don't have a link to give you from cryptic about the diminishing returns on the consoles I know I saw it somewhere but that's been a while back and I have slept and drank since then....

...<SNIP>...
From what I've seen, diminishing returns only apply to resists-consoles. Tactical consoles have never had diminishing returns. This is very easy to test: simply go to tactical space, then mouse over your phaser weapons with no phaser relays equipped. Record its DPS. Now add one console and record the new damage number. Then add a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th if you have a 5-tac-console ship, recording the new projected DPS output with each successive console added. You will notice that as each console is added, damage output improves by a constant amount.

If diminishing returns were present, that bonus damage amount would drop with each successive console addition. However, the latter simply does not happen -- damage remains constant. Therefore, diminishing returns are not present in the current patch. It could be added later, but Cryptic has not revealed any such intention.