View Single Post
Career Officer
# 123
12-05-2012, 11:09 AM
I can't figure out why anyone would try to insist what MUST happen to the new universe or people based in it based on probability of the same events unfolding. They don't have to be probable. The writers just have to decide to make them happen.

When has probability EVER been right in Star Trek?

I can think of dozens of times where someone stated that the probability of an event was low or high. And they were never right. Because what happened was what the writer wanted to happen. To get the events the writers needed or arrive at the point that the story was supposed to make.

Probability is a red herring.

If the writers want Tuvok or Picard or Guinan or the Borg, they'll make it happen.

And I'm going to advance predict that they'll setup the introduction of the Borg in this one, with the Borg as the next villains. Missing colonies, maybe. A Borg after the end credits.

And people may complain and say they should do Klingons -- and I'm burned out on the Borg a bit as well. But if I were putting a teaser into the end of the movie to get audiences buzzing for the next one? I'd probably go with the Borg.

Maybe have the next film be about Klingons and Kirk putting aside differences to fight the Borg. Because it would fill seats in a theater.