View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
12-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacofangs View Post
I think you're vastly oversimplifying the issue. The tech required is likely much more than 2 days of work. Not a coder, so I don't know for sure, just basing this off of my previous experience with such endeavors.

Creating texutres requires loading each map and taking a proper screenshot at least, and could require more effort if we want anything fancier than that. That's probably 2-3 days, but could be much more.

Applying what is potentially 50-100 new system textures to 50 viewscreens, and hooking all of that up to work with this "new tech" is significantly more than 2 days of work. We basically have to duplicate the screen X times (X being the number of different images) and then tag each of those new screens with what it is, so the 'tech' can swap them out. Then we do that for each of 50+ bridges.

And all of that doesn't even take into consideration what you see when you look out a window. . .

Doable? yes. . . worthwhile? Questionable.

My main issue, as I've stated before, is that bridges are in a sad state already, and I would rather start over from scratch, include things like this, and do it right, than to try and hack this into an already limping system. But, that requires more time/work/effort/cheese.
Have to say I agree with Taco , a rebuild from the ground up is the best way to go here. Can't wait to see what the Neverwinter team is working on and what they can use in STO to make Ship Interiors a much better experience.
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably." Jean-Luc Picard