View Single Post
Captain
# 78
12-07-2012, 03:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelj88 View Post
Why so much bad ju-ju? I've been watching this thread unfold and its (no offence intended) but it seems like an Ego contest.

To Quote Horizon when he flamed at me sometime ago when I posted about pre-made teams
"you're not the kirksauce"

I'm most definately not this kirksauce, I don't want to be either, PvP is all well and good when there is a good competitive atmosphere, but being all un-sporting and being all flame and blame isn't getting anyone anywhere but a trip to sulk land.

[...]

I've also learned that it doesn't really matter what we really think about spam or pay to win consoles, the players in the minority of not being active in the forums, or not in a fleet that has any players aware of pay 2 win consoles being an issue for PvP'ers.

[...]

my issue is no matter what we do we're still going to get new players who are going to use them, the repuation system has single handedly given the player who was here before season 7, the advantage of better equipment, we should atleast take that into consideration when we start seeing the new players who start to PvP using less than effective equipment, and having pay to win consoles, that for the most part is the only advantage they have... would we like to be stripped of our advantages? probably not.
Less silverback-style thumping of chests, more of this.

Awareness of multiple perspectives, some tolerance for people less in the loop and a friendly attitude towards people using things you think are diabolical would probably make PvP a more welcoming experience for new players. Once they decide to stay and repeatedly hear reasonable arguments not to use such-and-such skill/console/tactic they might very well refrain from using these. Yelling and flaming at new, unaware players, on the other hand, may well make their forays into PvP very brief ones indeed.