View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 61
08-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
I don't think that there was anything that was too unclear in this installment of Ask Cryptic, but it's still a good thing to discuss in my opinion because ground combat is absolutely the issue that I want to know more about.

I tend to agree, the posted AskCryptic article seemed pretty straight forward and clear.

I still do have some questions about Ground combat in general:
  1. What are the 'types' of healing? Is it healing numerical 'health points' like in WoW, or is more like healing a 'hit'/'injury' (non-numerical -- like in American Army or Call of Duty)?
  2. How large are health pools going to be? Are we 'Tanks' (able to take lots of damage after our shield goes) or are we 'Squishies' (only take 3 or 4 hits and we drop)?
  3. Will there be a 'revive' mechanic (like Resurrection), or when your downed, you auto-respawn back at a point? Can you tell us basically what it is?
  4. What are the ranges for 'healing'?
  5. We know cover helps block fire and regenerate PDS (shields). What other things will help promote more tactical approaches, rather than just standing in the open and focus firing?
  6. Will a Melee user be able to simply charge across the field (ala Braveheart) and attack a range user, or will melee weapons be something requiring more finesse (ie getting to melee range without being shot down)?

Rekhan, does this mean that the dev chat will not cover the other questions asked in the 'AskCryptic' Thread - http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=23827 ?