View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 102 Laudable....
12-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Umm, just saying, it's hardly one minute, and being frozen renders you untargetable. If you can be targeted, then it's a bug.

Honestly, though, what I've gleaned from the thread is this: tripwire, representing Nova Core, states that the fleet's policy is a hands-off one, where they do not enforce any regulations on fleet members. He/she wants to clean up the image of the fleet. What he/she is in fact doing is divorcing the image of the fleet from the actions of its members. That can't be done. Either a)Nova Core will have to establish a policy, or b)Fleet members will continue to do what they want, and this will in turn reflect on the fleet itself.

Others say that they have a history of running exploits. Some claim that Nova Core players have been rude to them.

However, I see that some people in this thread are kind of rude themselves. Basically, you are calling him out because the actions of some fleet members contradict his stand. That, I believe, is inevitable, because the fleet's image cannot be separated from the the image of its fleet members. However, the manner in which some of you do it is somewhat lacking in tact. Take two posts above me, for instance.

Basically, what the poster is saying is that Nova can just ignore what people think of them, whether they are called out on using certain skills or not. Are you sure that's what you want? Could be miscommunication, but I doubt it. Moreover, what's the point of claiming to be better or more skilled? It is, frankly, somewhat irrelevant to the topic at hand as I see it. So what if you're better than they are, and you beat them even when they use P2W? No point crowing about it, is there? Simply let your actions speak for themselves.

To tripwire: What you're trying to do is a laudable effort. Yes, any effort to promote a clean PvP arena is good. However, in my opinion, the control of certain levels of P2W is an integral part of making PvP better and cleaner. Therefore, it is necessary for any PvP fleet which intends to have a clean image to at least have some form of policy discouraging the use of anything that is broken. While the community may not be able to achieve consensus on this, the fleet should at least make an effort to control P2W use among its members, or it will be seen as being hypocritical.

If I have misunderstood anything or made any mistakes, please feel free to correct me. Please, no insults or trashtalk, though. I've heard it all already, and it isn't going to help me correct any misunderstanding I may have.

Indeed. It is a constructive effort to do the right thing. Which is far more than I can say for a select few who have responded to this post. We can and we are working on discouraging the use of things that have a negative impact on pvp games. At no point have I said that Nova Core would not. Again, we cannot force our members to do anything. If there is anyone who cannot understand that then it will simply have to be layed to rest as a personal problem.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.

Last edited by tripwire690; 12-07-2012 at 12:39 PM.