View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 110
12-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scurry5 View Post
Is that so? Perhaps I misunderstood. You see, I believe that this statement that you cannot do anything to force your members to comply will appear rather lazy, if not hypocritical. While it is a fact, it may be better to emphasise that the fleet will at least encourage its members to avoid the use of certain types of P2W. While Nova Core does appear to have a previously tarnished reputation, I'm willing to wait on the results, and I look forward to seeing anyone in the queues (despite my level of competency, which is abysmal).

A suggestion, anyway: Have a certain group or cadre within your fleet which agrees to minimise the use of P2W and yet be seen as capable by the rest of the PvP community. This small group will serve as a sort of 'proving ground' for strategies or builds which do not rely on P2W, and serve as examples to follow. However, any criticism must be taken seriously. In other words, while you cannot enforce your stand over the entire fleet, I believe that at least some of your members would agree to such a position, and if I may say so, "put their money where their mouth is". This, I believe, would serve as some proof that Nova Core is serious about making PvP better.
Indeed. You are misunderstood. The argument is that Nova Core should prove we are serious about cleaning up the community. But that is not the heart of the problem. The heart of the problem is that there is not a community of guild leaders who are serious about keeping in contact with each other like TSI has been in the past. Popping over to each others teamspeak and discussing what is acceptable and what is not and forming a pact by which they are bound to uphold the prime directive of the group. There is more than one fleet in this game at fault for the current situation we are in. So it isn't poor Nova Core. But Nova Core also isn't the source of gamewide grief plauging the queue. I have stated we will create an atmosphere of fair play to promote a healthy public queue. If you think that Nova Core should be the only one picking up the trash then you obviously don't understand the true scope of what sickens the queues. Thank you for everyone's responses constructive or otherwise. All feedback is appreciated. Be Well.

Let no other player discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Though you may walk alone through looming shadows of doubt cast upon you by your enemies. Forge your heart with iron casting its shape out of only your pure will to push forward. You will not be denied eventually.