View Single Post
Captain
# 14
12-07-2012, 10:21 PM
I hate to say it but I just do not see a probable solution to the 'balance' issue anytime soon from cryptic. The only true reasonable way they could balance pvp and pve would be to have separate mechanics where specific consoles/etc operated differently than they do in PvE. Wait a second, they already tried that with the skill tree revamp and then borderline ignored it after.

But their is hope, the grassroots community push that I see happening on these boards with the tournaments, leagues, and bootcamp that are being attempted are the best hope for a good times pvp so to speak. Sadly the amount of ... infighting within those attempts may just doom them.

It saddens me. It seems that our cultures have changed to the point that we demand everything be 100% the way we want it and we lack the capability to simply appoint and entrust a leader to make the right call even in a video game. Even if we disagree with one decision out of ten from our leaders we find it unacceptable and create confrontation.

I guess what I'm trying to say is even if the league says 'no tric mines' but you think there is nothing wrong with them, or if they say 'anti-matter spread console is fair' and you think it isn't, don't let that single disagreement sabotage the entire attempt. Cryptic has already proven themselves incapable of setting the rules someone else must be entrusted to create new ones.

Its late and I"m rambling incoherently apologies.