View Single Post
Captain
# 67
12-08-2012, 07:58 AM
I think people are missing the debate between winning/participating.

As someone who was on the other end, I am going to give my perspective. While I wasn't complaining about the Fastest race on ice, I was shall we say disappointed.

It isn't about spending 2 minutes in game for 25 days to earn the "Big Prize". I knew going in I would have to work for it, and I had no problem doing it. The "problem", if you want to call it that, was I didn't realize that earning the big prize meant I would need a skill set I potentially lacked.

And there you have it, by making it "Win" instead of "participate" some people aren't going to get the big prize as they lack the skill needed. Which from my perspective was disheartening.

Now I will say, it doesn't end my enjoyment of the event. It is great fun, especially now that I have my snow gun. Nothing beats taking out an army of snowmen with a snowball launcher.

I think people need to relax on both sides. While I want Cryptic to know their work is appreciated, people need to understand that comments/feedback can be helpful to Cryptic as well.

I am not talking about the "I can't get blah, blah, blah. Cryptic is Terrible" comments. But real feedback on something like this, negative or postive, is helpful for Cryptic to look at what worked, what didn't, and even if not changing things around for this time, Hopefully make the even even better for next year.