View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 68 Lasting effect
08-14-2009, 05:35 PM
I want to know if the combat, be it in space or on the ground, will impact the universe. If a planet or star base is captured then those resources should flow to that faction. I just want to see MMO's move down the path of player characters actually having an impact on the game instead of experiencing it statically. I want to see my efforts move the map borders or if I discover a new civilization and they join the Federation then it is reflected in the game.

I can see it now...."Breaking news: A new civilization was discovered today on the fringes of the Alpha Quadrant. Their ancient, but advanced, technologies will bring breakthroughs in many areas of science and possibly change how we go about our everyday lives. In other news, the Klingon Empire continues to harass Starfleet humanitarian aid being sent to the Romulans. A comment from a high ranking Starfleet representative stated that "Starfleet is doing everything, short of shipping the supplies in military assets, to prevent the Klingon raiders from successfully deterring the Federations aid efforts."

Naz