View Single Post
Career Officer
# 22
12-09-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
I'm sorry but you're wrong on multiple points here. The mass majority of the players don't bother with the forums because either A) they're lazy and will rely on others to post up problems they're having, B) just don't care, C) believes that cryptic is aware of the issue and it'll just be magically fixed for them one day (which is kinda point A) or yes D) they're not having the problem. But on that one, I will say there can be a bajillion different reasons for that being they don't play that same content or they don't have that same equipment or w/e. Assuming that there's no problem because it doesn't get mentioned just doesn't cut it.

I'm not going to give overlord Stahl a pat on the head because he got dilithium rewards put back in the game. He screwed up, royally and the players lit him up for it. He deserved every bit of flak he got for that. That initial move on his part showed his true colors and the underlying thought behind everything in this game, make more money. I doubt too, it was just the players pissing and moaning over it, I will bet money it was the canceled subs that got his attention. You're right on one thing, though "Money talks". I've said it before and I'll say it again, until craptic and PWE change their attitudes about this game, my wallet will remain closed. It closed long before s7 launched and I'm not about to forgive and forget for this one act.

Additionally, don't assume anything about me personally. I'm not going to divulge my personal history to you or anyone else here in detail but I have played many MMO's in my time and I'm not saying this to try to tout myself as an net nerd expert, but I will say from my experiences, this MMO is severely mismanaged to be a quality game.

The devs don't need to hide on tribble to communicate with us. There's a whole heaping mess of forum here for them to talk to us, especially this one being the feedback forum. I'm not unreasonable, I don't expect a response to every single question or comment that comes up, but damn... show some love to the people that keep you in business.

You know, I think people here would appreciate devs taking the time to sweep through the game and go bug stomping before releasing more content. They don't have to fix them all, but a little effort can go a long way towards making people feel better about this game. The ones that foolishly throw their money into the dil exchange will still be there, but ya know... I have this funny feeling, that even more would come around to giving a lil extra here and there if they thought it was worth it.
See the cool thing about this game. Even if you Zip your Wallet, Your still grinding Dilithium and Buying ZEN off the Exchange. You STILL Support the Game it's player Purchased. Even if you Sell your Zen Stipend. You still support the Game. Alot of people here have Shown the DEV's Respond. I have have Responses, another gentleman Above have Responses. You attract more flies with Honey. Posting Bug reports on General Feed back is not hitting a Dev's Attention unless its a major issue. Posting it in the correect Areas Do. Again if it is a Major Issue. The Devs hide on Tribble Because Thats where the FIXES occur. If you want to be part of the solution Get on there. Otherwise your either Fine with the problems, Or part of the problem of why nothing Gets Fixed. You Rather Rant instead of Getting Involved. The players on the Tribble Server Get LISTENED TO. They have SHOWN care for the game. Others who are involved have there problems Delt with. Hell Get involved on Twitter, they are Decently Active on it and So is our Wonderful Community Manager Branflakes. But Again, Game breaking issues Get delt with First. Minor Ones or Cosmetic Ones are non essential. Hell We all Get stuck in walls or Deal with the Drunken Transporter Officer on Qo'nos. Hell Most of us Griped when the Officer was going to get fixed just because it's so damn amusing!
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/