Thread: Best Weapons
View Single Post
Ensign
# 3
12-10-2012, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeasom View Post
Thinking of changing my weaponry so can someone tell em what they think the best beam weapons are for a science captain as well as the best torpedos. I currently use
Fore: 3 Phased Tetryon Beams and a Quantum Torpedo (Borg)
Aft: 3 Phased Tetryon Beams with a Tricobalt Torpedo launcher
What kind of ship you're flying? What kind of BOFFs have you got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahl View Post
Phased tetryon for shield drain and subsystem knockout
Phased polaron for shield drain and subsystem drain
Spiral wave disruptor (very hard to get) for DPS and subsystem knockout
Polarised disruptor for DPS and subsystem drain.

Shield drain is kind of useless because its only a few hundred shield damage that becomes useless quickly in PvE and doesn't act fast enough to dent in PvP.
Polaron subsystem drain effects more sub systems. While you won't knock weapons offline, you can have them at far below their regular strength while often causing significant drain to shields, engines, and auxillary (depending on which your enemy neglects).

My favorite at the moment is the Polarised disruptor but thats only because I haven't lucked into a Galor to loot for weapons yet.

For torpedoes, you could try out the Hargh'Peng. Slightly stronger than Quantums with a lasting Hargh'Peng radiation that has a better DoT than plasma followed by an explosion that damages your enemy behind their shields.
It seems to me that you're mixing too many energy types! Also You don't know what kind of Ship he's flying. My SCI Character is flying a Luna class...but I cannot have the same SCI playstyle that I enjoy when I switch to my Atrox Carrier (with the same SCI Character, of course).