View Single Post
Career Officer
# 13
12-10-2012, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by praxi5 View Post
With both EPtS and EPtA running, you can afford to have 100 weapons power with ~6 beams. Sure, you'll lose a bit on your heals, but the extra damage potential you have will make up for that loss. And if stuff really starts to overcome your defenses and/or healing, just pop into a defensive power setting.

Should anyone care for a Sci-based healBoat, this is what I run:

- Lt Tac: TS1/FAW 1, TS 2/AP: Delta
- Lt Eng: EPtS 1, A2SIF 1/Extend 1
- Ens Sci: Tractor Beam 1
- LtC Sci: HE 1, SciTeam 2, TSS 3
- Cmdr Sci: HE 1, SciTeam 2, TSS 3, Scramble 3

- Additional support: Fermion Field (this thing really works magic with a few Shield Emitter consoles), Shield Repair Drones.

Some may feel that it's better to run TSS 2 with SciTeam 3 (ST 3 has massive burst healing potential), but I believe that the extra resist from TSS 3 is worth it.
Yes you can do a lot of things to improve the damage of my build but that?s not the point. This is meant to be a pure healer to keep the people that do good damage alive.
If a person wanted to run energy weapons on this build. I would replace the two of the projectile doffs with a warp core engineer (power boost) and a Energy Weapons office that reduces cannon abilities. Replace APD I with a CRF I. replace all the weapons (keep one of the borg weapons for the 2 piece set bonus. I would put all turrets so you will get more proc.

You can use your captain skills like EPS power transfer and Nadion Inversion to help with power also.

With this build and keeping shield and aux power at 125 you will still have weapons power around 100 if not over it.
I am @allenlabarge in game