View Single Post
Career Officer
# 20
12-10-2012, 10:57 AM
I'd like to add to that the Ground Warzones. You know, that queue you accidentally join when you're trying to go to Traelus for the daily, which you then promptly forget about, until half an hour later, fighting a Borg V'Ger probe in Deferi space, a 10 second countdown suddenly pops up (without the usual opt-out) to matter of factly inform you that the victory, accolade and dilithium you were twenty seconds away from attaining will just have to wait a little longer.

I can't remember the last time I was that angry that quickly.

Without the opt-out, this queue just doesn't work like any of the others, and frankly, the in-sector space 'F'-spam buttons are redundant as hell. Got that same problem now with the Arucanis Arm and Hromi Cluster nebula systems, which aside from having inconsistent interaction ranges (getting into Hromi requires you to limber up first) are way too close to the sector space borders. This means the hurried traveler who's not paying close attention, or just has bad timing, might go where he means to. So fine, you go back, try again, and exiting Hromi you get close enough (though not quite) to where you were, but exiting Tau Dewa, you're at the Regulus-Alpha Centauri border all of a sudden.

This place is a mess, really. IP to AC, you come out pointing north, right where you came from, which is just awesome when you're looking to get some use out of that 60 second transwarp on your Odyssey. Some of the borders in sector space still display the name of a sector other than the one they're bordering on. And it doesn't matter which way you're leaving Sirius in as a KDF marauder, according to the popup, all roads lead back to Sirius.
Reave