View Single Post
Career Officer
# 12
12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehale View Post
I can't speak for others but none of this is personal for me. Personal attacks are pointless regardless of whatever rational one can dream up to justify them. I think "Devs" tends to be the catch all term (like P2W is for all bad mechanics since F2P even if those things aren't literally P2W). I don't even know whether it's a Dev problem as much as a Ownership problem. I don't know who actually makes the decisions or how they determine what constitutes a success.

That being said, if a dog defecates on the carpet you can praise him, ignore him, or rub his nose in it and tell him "No! Bad dog!" Of the three options, reminding them that what they are doing is bad has a slightly better potential for achieving success than the other two.

Maybe they get that things aren't great but unless or until they can do something to fix the problem, negativity is an unfortunate reality. They can bury their head in the sand to protect fragile egos or they can recognize that a problem exists and take steps to resolve it.

Not everything is bad.

I'm not motivated by a need to troll the Development team. When they do well I'll be among the first in line to praise them for it (The DS9 Pack and Doffemon were excellent). Sometimes I'll even shy away from commenting on something that's been beaten into the ground unless a new wrinkle appears. But the only way anything can improve is if we continue to give feedback (hopefully in constructive ways), especially if it's negative.
^ this.

I' also among the first to praise Cryptic when things go right, and that's balanced when stuff gets broken due to their own greed or stupidity. I think they did a fantastic job with the Winter Wonderland, half the fleet is currently scuttling around it showing off their new gear, the ship is open to all, their happy.

But the other side of the coin is, another year comes to a close and nothing has changed in PVP for the better, nothing. But we have "gained" more hard to gain ships that increase the creep every time, we've gained passive skills that need to be grinded for to stay with current trends, we've gained Lobi & C Store ships that are becoming more and more OP every time.

Are we giving the Devs a hard time? Yep. They deserve EVERY sour word they get thrown at them. I know i wouldn't advertise my involvement in the game if i was an employee. It'd be easier to say "i'm a two-faced lier who's too scared of stepping out in order to make what i create morally correct."

They do things right, they get my praise, they do things wrong, they get my Negative feedback. If i'm ignored they get my irritation. Nobody can say the customer always knows whats best for them. And we're no exception. But we're owed several years' worth of back content, fixes and attention. I think my irritation is the LEAST they can ****ing expect.