View Single Post
Lt. Commander
Good morning Cryptic and Happy Holidays,

Let me begin with I?m really enjoying the Winter event. So much so my personal dilithium accumulation has fallen way off average. Not a complaint mind you, just an indication how much time I?m enjoying spending with Q and Frosty.

The Winter event?s new Epohh pets and appreciation Test server Tribble reward is what has me posting today. I like them ? a lot ? and I?m kind of a hoarder (I prefer the term Collector). I find myself carrying upwards of 3 pets and 5 or more tribbles at any given time. Yes, this is good news for profitability as it must be encouraging me to buy more inventory and bank slots. And I have ? but ?

I?m hoping you will consider making a non-combat pet and Tribble system change at some (near) point in the future. Like other MMOs, I?d like to see Cryptic pull the pets and tribbles out of inventory and place them on a new character tab (maybe entitled ?Collectables,? ?Tribbles and Pets,? ????.?

I believe this will clean up the inventory management process, especially for new players (something we all want to see growing) as well and simply make the experience of seeing all your toys gathered together more pleasurable and manageable. I?m not recommending any change to the Power tab or process. You?d still pull Powers from the tool and drag to your toolbar. But the fact we could have one unified Pets character tab would also be coded so all a players pets are always available in the Power Tab list. No further need to swap inventory to get the Pet you want available.

I appreciate this ask does little for your bottom line. Frankly it may hurt it as players may not see the need as soon to purchase additional inventory slots. I also appreciate players might suggest simply allowing for Pets/Tribbles to be activated from the Bank (as Ship minor, major, critical heals work), and that could work too. Still ? I like prefer the way MMOs (like WoW, sry) eventually chose to place mounts and pets on their own character ?inventory? tab and think a similar system would benefit STO. Especially in light of the potential number of pets and tribbles any character can have is really starting to get up there in number.

That?s my ask for now. Thanks for reading. Thank for considering.