View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 23
12-11-2012, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcusdkane View Post
Why would my ship get blown up Starships can take at least a few hits un-shielded without immediately exploding, and by placing the Kobyashi Maru between my ship and the Klingons, they wouldn't be able to get in so many clear shots...

With regards the test itself, I think every cadet going into the simulator knows they're going into a simulator for a test. Knowing it's an unwinnable scenario isn't going to stop someone taking the simulation any less seriously, much like how someone will continue to retry levels on video games even after they get beaten over and over, and there's definitely something to be said for getting caught up in the heat of the moment, as in Wrath of Khan, rather than in JJ Trek which was impossible to forget that it was a simulator thus impossible to truly take seriously...
According to Star Trek (The movies/TV shows) not STO, a single photon torpedo is more than enough to toast any unshielded vessel. (Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, Generations) The original 1701 Enterprise, the unnamed frieghter Kruge destroyed, and the Enterprise D were all destroyed in this same manner. Lack of shields means lack of emergency, atmospheric, dampers. Any measurable hull breach would then crush the vessel in seconds, as all the oxygen evacuated into space. Also in the simulation, the Klingons attack from multiple vectors, rendering your strategy futile.