View Single Post
Career Officer
# 5
12-11-2012, 01:36 PM
It sounds like you've been having a lot of problems with it. But the truth is it used to be worse. Back before around S4 the Foundry would crash for me multiple times per day when I was working in it. I'd say that I'd get a crash at least once per hour on average (although usually it would crash several times in succession because I was working with something that provoked the crash). Not to mention it was laggy as hell back then with 20+ seconds for objects to update, and 20 seconds might be an underestimate because it got slower and slower as more objects were added.

I think half the reason Dereliction Duty took so long to make was because I spent most of the time staring at the screen waiting for it to update. I can now create an entire custom interior deck structure in about 30 minutes, whereas before it used to take hours or even days. It was so incredibly bad...I can't believe I even wasted my time with it. You young whippersnappers just don't know how good you have it.

Anyway, none of this takes away from your problems, but I did want to say the Foundry has seen major improvements from where it was about a year and a half ago. Hopefully one of the suggestions posted above helps.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.