View Single Post
Career Officer
# 8
12-11-2012, 06:29 PM
Note: This method is only recommended to be done by advanced users., It only applies to Windows 7/8 X64 and X32 and only in systems using more than 2 physicial CPU's and/or more than 2 "logical" cores

• Go to Regedit
  • Find this key:- " 0cc5b647-c1df-4637-891a-dec35c318583 "
  • Within this key, there is a value called: " ValueMax "
  • This value represents the % number of cores the system will park - the default 100% ie: all Cores are potentially park-able
  • Change the value from 64 to 0 so the " ValueMin " and " ValueMax " are both zero
  • You will have to find the key a few times and repeat the process for each time it is found the number of instances will depend on the number of power profiles in your system [in my system it was only found twice]
  • Do a full shutdown and power-off and cold-re-start

This will allow better load balancing across all you CPU cores - no spiking and will be one less variable to help fix micro-stutter in games and programs.
Click to visit Subspace-Radio
Twitter | Blog | Original Join Date: Dec 2007 | Gaming Setup | Raptr Profile | Gamer DNA
The opinions expressed in my posts are my own views and do not reflect on any other entity(s) or person(s) I may or may not represent at the time.

Last edited by th3xr34p3r; 12-11-2012 at 06:32 PM.