View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 54
12-12-2012, 06:43 AM
As a member of Jupiter Force I sympathize with the plight of small fleets, because you are not going to complete your Starbase to Tier V. It won't be because of desire or effort, it is a simple matter of MATH and TIME.

As a large fleet we struggle to find the fleet marks to sustain projects in the haul between Tier IV and Tier V, and that is despite having a hundred characters maxed in DOFFs and 30+ people active everyday. With all the various gated systems in the game, not to mention playstyles, it's simply not possible right now to get enough fleet marks to sustain 3 projects a day unless everyone actively farms fleet marks, and fleets simply can't ask members to do this every day for months and months with no end in sight.

Our KDF Starbase is stuck at upgrade for Tier IV. We filled everything but fleet marks, including 1,900,000 dilithium, very easily... but it will take the rest of the year to farm the 24000 fleet marks. If it takes a large active fleet like Jupiter Force a month to fill fleet marks on a Starbase upgrade project, I'm sorry but it suggests to me smaller fleets have no shot in hell of filling it in a way that sustains momentum and active engagement with the system by members of small fleets.

The way STO has disconnected players from the various currencies required to pace progress to the content systems in the game is the failure of Season 7, and probably the single best thing STO could do to encourage players to try TOR F2P. It is hard to imagine the balance sheet at PWE will see Season 7 as anything other than a massive flop, and the reason is because "it's the economy stupid" - so the phrase goes.

I note Dan Stahl isn't engaged with the community much over the last few weeks. Probably smart, he is the face of fail in Season 7, and all his economic theories failed miserably... evidenced by the exodus of player activity shortly after season 7 launch.