View Single Post
Career Officer
# 3 Unquestioned answers
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
"Please, take this with you, Captain. A token of our newfound kinship." Zi said, presenting a small statuette of a figure I found alarmingly familiar.
"What is it?" I asked, hoping the similarity to be mere coincidence.
"It is a relief of one of our deities. She appeared to our ancestors over 5 millennia ago, bearing a message of peace which we moulded our society around. Her name is Yeager" Zi said, with a smile on her face.
"Thank you, your eminence." I thanked her, bowing "If you'll excuse me, I have to report back to the Diplomatic corps, I hope we see each other again."
I took a few uneven, noisy steps and tapped my combadge "Aquarion: one to beam up." I waved to the high priestess as I felt the familiar dischord of the transporter beam.

Clunking off the transporter pad, I banged the comm panel by the transporter room door, "Helm, set rendezvous course for the Dendrobium, maximum warp!" I barked over the intercom, then headed to my quarters with the statuette firmly in hand.

As we neared the rendezvous, I ordered Cagalli to be ready to beam aboard the Aquarion as soon as we were in range of her transporters. I had a few answers on my desk to questions I had yet to ask Cagalli about her past.

Cagalli materialised inside my ready room as ordered, with her gaining control of her body I motioned for her to sit down. She did so promptly, as I had a look on my face that would strike fear into Q himself.

"Why the long trip?" Cagalli asked.
"I am in need of a history lesson." I said, "One only you can provide. Look at that statuette and tell me what you see." I continued with the most deadpan expression.

"I see a voluptuous female figure with antennae upon her skull, standing on an unusual rock formation. There seems to be a symbol emblazoned just above her left bosom. She appears rather tall, seems to be an Icon of some sort. Why do you ask?" Cagalli asked, turning to face me again as she did so. "Where did you acquire this thing? If you don't mind me asking."

"I was given that relief as a gift of goodwill from a species we just made First Contact with. What I want to know is why this figure looks so much like you, is standing on what looks to be the torso of your Gespenst, and has a contemporary Starfleet combadge pinned to her unitard! What does the name 'Yeager' mean to you?!" I asked, almost shouting myself hoarse.

Cagalli's face spoke volumes "Oh crap. Guess I should explain all the details of that encounter with Q a while back..."

...Some time later...

"So I eventually stumbled back into the correct temporal co-ordinates and resumed my duties here." Cagalli took a heaving breath and slumped in her chair.

"Thats... one long story, haha." I chuckled, "You really roundhoused a Q?! That makes two Starfleet captains with the cojones to pull that off" I couldn't stop laughing.

"You believe all that?" Cagalli asked, looking perplexed.

"Why wouldn't I. It's too unbelievable to be a fabrication, plus it explains a few things."

We continued long into the fourth watch, at which point I let Cagalli resume her duties and ordered the Aquarion back towards Sol, such that reporting in would be easier. I may have to displace the statuette for a while though...
Ikuzo, Trombe!