View Single Post
Career Officer
# 19
12-12-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by generator88 View Post
Hi there,

A little follow-up: this char is up to L42, and I'm enjoying him a lot. I was very glad to finally get the Heghta and its fourth front weapon mount. Bridge officers are currently a Tac Cmdr (TT1, BO2, HYT3, CRF3), Tac LC (TT1, APD1, APO1), and Sci (HE1, JS2) and Eng (EPTW1, EPTS2) get the Lt stations.

Only two things are bothering me. First, I think I need some AOE. The concept behind this ship is "decloak, then drill a single target into atoms," but without some ability to hit multiple targets, I feel a bit uncovered. I'm thinking of ditching APD for either Scatter Volley or Torp Spread. (For anyone reading who's going to say, "ditch the DBB, add in Spread or SV in lieu of BO, problem solved," I've considered that but it's really just the move of last resort, as I thoroughly enjoy 'flashing my high-beams' at foes.) APD is quite nice, but I think I miss the AOE more than I appreciate Delta.

The other thing is that Lt Science spot. I knew going in that Jam Sensors migt not get tons of use, and boy, it doesn't. I don't know, maybe it's useful on harder difficulty, getting a breather if you've bitten off a bit too much? Anyone? In looking over possible replacements, my first thought is Tractor Beam, then something boring like TSS if I can't make TB work.

Thanks again to everyone who posted, you all helped and I appreciate it!
I'm not really sure what to say as I'm not really sure what you're doing with this. I do know this. You're framing a very silly question. You've said what you would like the answer to be, and that is 'anything BUT' ditching the BO.

You've got the concept of the ship down sure. You may like to keep in mind that you can swap out Boffs, gear, doffs, etc almost at will as a bop. You cloak. You drop combat. You change. You dont NEED an everything loadout at all times. You can change quickly. There are phases in stfs that are great for aoe, and some like bosses that are best for single target abilities.

Anways. Use a torpedo spread. I use an aft Chroniton Torpedo with spread to slow down attackers. I use it with my fore Quantum to clear up spam a bit. A bit. Not going to get great mileage out of that. You may wish to drop a TT and get a Fire at Will as well. You really don't need the two TT's in PVE in scenarios where aoe would be a benefit.

That being said you may wish to put thought into having different builds or ships for the different things that you may wish to do.

And I'm not even gonna get into the PVP bit here.

Cheers happy flying!

Awesome Blog
Awesome Videos
Website that's always under construction
And...FACEBOOK MEH!