View Single Post
Ensign
# 103
12-12-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darimund View Post
I'm glad that one got fixed. However, their efforts hardly seem adequate. Here we are almost a month now after s7 launched, the thread on borg one shotting folks in estf continues... how about the exploit in the winter event? Id almost bet money that one doesn't get fixed because it wont be around after a month. How about the omega engine not reducing the cool down on transwarp? the list can get pretty long if we're gonna say what they fixed vs what they haven't. I admitted as much that they do fix some bugs, but the vast majority of them, they don't fix, and they barely comment on them one way or another.

Ok you have to wake up and smell the coffee mate.

Blizzerd entertainment, creators or world of ******** THE BIGGEST MMO. (And I belive still the most popular though not by as much these days) Had bugs from ALPHA.

One I recall well was a silly little bug that made a paladin buff show the wrong icon on the buff bar, They finally fixed it in the Wrath of the litch king expansion, Thats what 4-5 years to fix an ICON.

Now in retrospect cryptic I think have done well considiering there size compared to blizzerd.

Can they do better, deffinatly

Will ranting and raving and starting cryptic bash threads help, doubtful.

Ask yourself this...

Whats more important

Fixing a bug that causes the game to crash for 3% of the player base

or

Fixing a glitch that causes the AI to get stuck, a torp to not display correctly, the wrong sound effect ect for everyone..

Answer: the crash bug ofc.

Now ask yourself whats more important

Fixing a glitch that causes the AI to get stuck, a torp to not display correctly, the wrong sound effect ect for everyone that is just a small annoyance,

or

Making content for 70% of the player base thats burning it faster than cryptic can make it.

Answer: the content, why if theres no content cryptic lose 70% of there customers.

General bugs are Usually done by a small part of the team in ANY GAME DEVELOPMENT.

And there done in order of severity.

- Game crashes/lockups

- Login/account issues (Also have billing and account support for this)

- Hardware related issues (Overheating/compatability issues)

- Movement/travel bugs

- Combat bugs

ect ect

Graphical/sound bugs are so far down the list you can't even see them.

No If they switched all there team to bug fixing, yes they would squash all the bugs within a month maybe two.

But then they would be four months behind any other content, 70% of the player base would just leave due to lack of content, and then the game would compleatly die and be shut down because of negative profits.

There team is what maybe 30 or so strong, (Might go up now the merger with VW is done) Think about all the different jobs that need doing, you will answer most of the why questions yourself.