View Single Post
Career Officer
# 33
12-12-2012, 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Funny.

I have rather good gear (Mk XII MACO shields) as well as appropriate resistance consoles in the Enginering slots. I have been hit (more than once), by "invisible torpedoes" that have dealt in excess of 75k+ damage to my ship, when my ship had 100% shields and 100% hull. Explain that?

"Would I rather see my ship firing its weapons, or see an enemy projectile which is launched infrequently"

I'll take option #3: I would like to see my ships weapons firing, AND seeing my enemy fire it's weapons AT THE SAME TIME. Bridge Commander was capable of it. As was Starfleet Command, as was Star Trek Legacy, and atleast a half-dozen other Star Trek games. Are you now saying that Cryptic's engine (and developers) are inferior to games that are over 10 years old?
Good point. If you can't see the frigging torpedo coming at you, you can't prepare for it or evade it, much less even target it before it hits you. An it isn't just the STFs that have invisible torpedoes, it's also the sector Borg Invasion events as well, though their torps are less lethal but still annoying seeing the same animation and never knowing what hit you.

Edit: And in elite STFs I've been under the Emergency power to shields AND brace for impact at the same time and STILL get killed in 1 shot by an invisible something that explodes. I've also seen others, like you, who claim to have the Mk XII maco gear and still get their, uhh, ears, nailed to the wall in 1 shot. I don't have any maco/omega gear myself yet and never have but it seems pointless if it's suppose to give better protection against a certain type of enemy and it does as bad or worse than regular purple crap from the exchange.

Last edited by monkeybone13; 12-12-2012 at 08:36 PM.