View Single Post
Commander
# 30
12-14-2012, 02:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugshu View Post
The game survives because of Zen. And if less people play then less people will buy zen. If the ones that do play - then play less - because they are bored - they also will buy less zen. And if people discover that when they buy zen that they get less value for their money - they might start buying less zen.

How will the game survive indeed if you have less players, people playing less, and people buying less.

Games do close and I can name you dozens that have.....

DStahl could go back and try to work for city of heroes again or something ......

Oh wait ...

Lets see who designed COH....

That would be Cryptic....

Who said COH had a free to play model worth of emulation ....

That would be Cryptic.....

Who said COH was on the right track by making players grind more and giving them less...

That would be Cryptic.....

Who said COH had the best Microtransaction store in MMO's

That would be Cryptic......

Its well and good to have City of Heroes as your role model .....

Except .....

Oh yeah - It failed

Survival is an issue when a games not fun
Actually, I feel I should correct you here.

CoH did not fail. For some inexplicable reason, it's new masters decided that enough was enough, got rid of the devs, and closed the game. It was still profitable and it was still pretty popular.

On topic: I think the OP is just whining for whining's sake. The changes to Officer Reports is brilliant, especially if you find some decent Foundry missions that don't take too long. Get a full group together, and that's half an hour of fun with your fleet mates, and 250 marks. Repeatable every half hour. What's not to like about that?