View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 7
12-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Q: (drogyn1701) How do you respond to some of the recent player criticism of the Foundry. Specifically that the dilithium grind makes the Foundry a ?waste of time? (quoting other players here, not my own attitude at all), and that the Foundry is a way to make players do the job the devs should be doing.

Dstahl: Some players may be upset that we recently closed a loophole that allowed players to earn massive amounts of Dilithium from playing Foundry missions that were essentially ?click this one thing.? We had hoped that players would police these missions and have them removed (there is functionality in the game for players to do this) but that did not happen and we had to take action. So if the argument is that Foundry missions aren?t an easy source of Dilithium anymore, then that is a valid argument if your entire goal of playing Foundry missions was to exploit the Dilithium economy.
Personally, I don't understand this. You took away the ability of players to earn 1440 dilithium in five minutes with the "loophole" that was active since the introduction of dilithium I believe. However, what keeps being glossed over was that that dilithium was all you could earn from that mission that day. Now, with the latest patch, you can earn 960 dilithium from doing one mission of some length, not a "loophole" mission, but you can keep doing it every 30 minutes. Find the right mission, and I'm sure some people are cooking one up right now, and this is the easiest farming mission ever.

Also, exploit the Dilithium exchange, this is brought up a lot. Now, I assume that you meant that some how this mission means that we get more dilithium that we should for the effort we put in and then use that for zen. Let us examine this. When this exploit was active, the Dilithium exchange hovered around 300 Dilithium for 1 zen, so lets use that as a basis. This means that with 1440 Dilithium from this mission, we could get 4.8, lets round that up to 5 zen. Now, here we have this new mission, that rewards 960 dilithium. Which is less, but at the same time, the dilithium exchange has changed due to all of the other changes in Season 7. Now the exchange rate is about 100 Dilithium to 1 zen. So 960 Dilithium gives us 9.6, lets round up to 10 zen.

Now, as players trying to exploit the dilithium exchange, it makes sense to me that we would want to get the greatest amount of zen for the smallest amout of Dilithium. From where I am standing, that one loophole had very little to do about that. Season 7 seems to have been more of an exploit to the dilithium exchange than anything players ever did.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member