View Single Post
Career Officer
# 22
12-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Hm... And here I disagree, but I will say why. I see the Negh'var as more of a tank, one that will live forever and be the last one standing. The reason I wouldn't put a Tactical in a neggy is because the Vor'cha is so much better suited for them. Faster, more nimble, better console and BOff setup for dealing damage, which is what tacs do. I wouldn't put a sci in them because you have the Fleet Varanus and Vo'quv, both of which are far more scientifically oriented. Oh, and the mirror Vor'cha too.

I say Engi in neggy because the way the Negh'var is set up with BOff and console layout, you will live through everything. And you can heal well and cycle power well. But why an engi? Usually with playstyle, engineers tend to skill more towards the tanking skills and other skills you don't usually see on tacs. For example, most tacs don't take many (if any) points in Electroplasma systems, whereas engineers always max that (or come close).

The same goes for a lot of the tanking skills, like starship hull armor etc. Those are the skills I would see better purposed towards the Negh'var. And I see that ship as either the opening wall or a support craft. Let the smaller more nimble battlecruisers and raptors do the fighting, the Negh'var does the tanking and support healing. I won't argue she can be a damage dealing monster, I have seen enough Negh'vars do that, but I personally would fly her with an engi and let my tac stay in a raptor or vor'cha.

But that's just me, I won't try to dictate how someone else plays.
OK, but that's what it seems like what you are doing.

Seeing how you spent two posts on pushing your opinion on what you do, and what you presume most other players to do.

"For example, most tacs don't take many (if any)blah blah blah..."

Well if you don't want to skill your captain in that manner, don't. That doens't mean it isn't done by others. Do as you wish.

But it won't change these facts. Tacs bring more damage. Sci brings more support and debuffs and shield heals. Engineers bring more power management and hull heals.

Those would be facts.

If you bring something to a ship that it doesn't already have a LOT of, you increase that 'something' by a relatively large amount. If you bring something to a ship that it already has a lot of, well, not so much. Get it?

For instance an Engi in a Sci can really keep power levels high, increasing the value of all the ships systems, and provide the ship a huge self heal in miracle worker to counter the weaker hull and use the Fleet Engineering to boost heals for tight times. HE is a sci boff skill u know, but its boosted by engineering. Who knew?

So before you go off with the "But that's just me, I won't try to dictate how someone else plays" Take a look at what I was saying. I'm the one saying to not limit yourself (or anyone really) to a certain ship due to preconcieved notions of playstyle or whatever. I'm saying see what you can achieve by being a little outside the boxxy. Not that boxxy.

Cheers!
If I don't respond to posts on this forum don't be offended. I don't sub or follow any of them.

Last edited by thissler; 12-14-2012 at 07:43 PM.