View Single Post
Captain
# 25
12-15-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippiejon View Post
I have noted that when designing a mission, a lot of authors tend to design toward the player without the leet skills and great gear, often times making it almost too easy for someone with good gear and skills.

My inclination is to go the other way with it and make combats difficult where I can.
I want to force you to respawn ... at least once.
I want getting through my fights without respawning to mean that you are indeed a bad mother f'er.
I can't handle my own fights sometimes.

I do think that overall designing for the player who doesn't have the best stuffs is probably better than my approach, I'm just a jerk
Play with that respawn button, ya babies
DISAGREE. Dont be like Cryptic. i dont like Foundry missions that force even one respawn with my average gear. The very premise of dying too easily in STO has angered me, dont be like the idiot devs that think thats funny. I want a challenge yes, but I dont need Foundry NPCs gang raping me either just to make it harder. If a foundry author wants to dev their mission like Cryptic, then put a gear warning label in its description so I can stay away from it. Nothing makes me forget a good foundry story like respawning 2+ times in that mission.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Zorro