View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-15-2012, 01:00 PM
This looks pretty good, similar to mine in many respects. I would suggest a slight change however... here are 2 different weapon layouts

fore - 3x Plasma Torpedoes ( Will increase your rate of fire)
Aft - 3 x Disruptor Turrets (These help increase yours along with your team's DPS)

This gives you much heavier forward facing DPS, at the cost of defense, as you more often then not have to sit either reversing or stopped in order to keep your nose on target. (This also keeps your nose on target for those 2 tachyon beams you have for shield draining goodness)

Another option...

fore- 2x Plasma Torpedoes and 1x Beam Array/Dual Beam bank/turret (Disruptor again for the same reason as above)
Aft - 2x Plasma Torpedoes and 1x Beam Array or a turret

This is a more general setup.. it lets you fire torpedoes at your target almost all the time. You can keep your speed up, and as a result keep your defense stat nice and high. Downside is you aren't always facing the right way for those Tachyon beams.

I'll be honest, I've never seen much use in mines. As a torpedo boat you should try to avoid getting very close.. say.. stay within 4-5km at all times.