View Single Post
Captain
# 23
12-17-2012, 11:28 AM
I am getting tired of this "Just put them in the C-store" debate constantly coming up. Do I believe CBS has some say in it. Yes, I do. It has been said time and again, it is not IP appropriate to have these ships readily available. Do you see the US sailing British ships? Nope. And they are out biggest allies. Why on earth would a Starfleet/Klingon Captain be flying a Jem'hadar (Cardassian/Ferengi) ship. Heck, one of the federation missions has the Klingons getting upset cause you commandeered one of their BoPs, which you crew readily admits there is little point in keeping, cause you know pretty much all there is to know about it.

Does it happen that a power gets someone elses tech? Did it happen in the Shows? Yep. But everyone and their uncle wasn't going around flying a Jem'hadar attack ship.

So yes, I do believe CBS has some level of how common they think these ships should be. Lockboxes, like it or not is how PWE/Cryptic worked within the restrictions CBS places to allow popular non-faction ships to none the less be flown in their game. That is not going to change and constantly demanding it because you want the ship (without the lottery) isn't going to help. If anything it hurts your position, because all it does is prove to CBS that if given the opportunity, everyone and their mother WOULD be flying these ships.