View Single Post
Community Moderator
# 6
12-17-2012, 02:02 PM
I haven't bothered to use the "DOFFgrinder" since they made the changes, and I'm not likely to.

If I could get a guaranteed DOFF of a particular specialization, I might change my opinion about that.

The problem, again, is that the DOFF system isn't designed to recognize what you're putting in and spit something different out based on what you put in.

In other words, the only way you could get a specific DOFF specialization out of a DOFF assignment is if there was one assignment for every kind of DOFF specialization there is. Since there are a lot of specs out there, the UI would get ugly very, very fast.

That's pretty much how we've been informed the DOFF system works. Plug in X and get Y... you never ever get Z or any other letter of the alphabet.

X is either very specific, or anything of that type of input. You could require 5 chefs, or any 5 DO's. All the DOFF system knows is that you satisfied the requirements for the assignment. It doesn't keep track of what you put in.

Y is either a static reward or a random one... there's no such thing as a decision tree that says "if player puts in 5 common chefs, then reward 1 uncommon chef".
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek