View Single Post
Commander
# 247
12-17-2012, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by janusforbeare View Post
Thanks for the feedback. Deleted my local IP from that post, I appreciate the heads-up.

I'm not connecting via a wireless router, as the big heap of cables under my desk will testify . With that in mind, is there a way to determine whether the packet loss is occurring due to a problem at my end, at Cryptic's end, or somewhere in transit? If there's something I can do (or, alternatively, if there's something Cryptic/my ISP can do), I'd like to take whatever steps I can to rectify the problem. Right now I'm avoiding co-op and PvP because of rubberbanding and disconnect issues, which is kind of a shame.

Anyhow, I really appreciate the help! Thanks again!
I would suggest running another trace later to confirm the results you're getting from the one you've posted. Lag is a tricky devil to pin down, and what one trace reveals another may not.

Probably going to need more help than I'm qualified to provide, though. Submitting a ticket will likely yield some more answers...although be forewarned, tickets are usually dealt with according to set procedures, which means you may or may not be provided with a copy/paste standardized answer. Make sure when you're submitting your ticket that you list any and all things you have done to date to help solve this issue, as well as a copy of your traceroute/nettest results. And don't be afraid to follow up if your first response doesn't help your issue.
Lagging, D/Cing, or rubberbanding? Here's some help.

Current ships: A lot. RTR 15 National Championships....and counting