View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
12-17-2012, 06:30 PM
I have both bundles and love them both. My Engi use the Ody for tanking and it's a joy to use. Turns like crap, and has all the other negatives other Cruisers have, but it's definitely fun to captain. There are a lot of posts already on which version is best, but ultimately it depends on how you intend to use it, however, don't expect it to ever be a dps machine. Tank, healer/support - definitely one of the best cruisers to use until you get to T5 Fleet ships, imho.

I was never a Science fan, that is until the Vesta. I actually prefer it at times over my Ody and 'scort. The Aux Canons with rear turrets and CRF combined with sci skills and the vesta's consoles make this a great hybrid ship. Again, it won't ever top the charts in dps, but that's not what it's meant to do. Traffic control, support, with a decent amount of dps to boot makes this worth having. But I will admit some of my fellow fleet mates have not been as thrilled as me. They were expecting more of a scort-like ship. I don't have the Wells but the Vesta is definitely my favorite sci ship.

In the end it really boils down to what kind of a captain you are at heart. Very different ships with very different purposes. But if you're indifferent to sci/sci v eng/cruiser, you can't go wrong with either pick. GL and enjoy!