View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 15
12-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddesjardins View Post
Sorry for any confusion - I do work in Marketing, just not in the gaming industry. If my post sounds like marketing drivel, it comes from experience.

Wow guys - I'm not a plant. I just had a great experience.

Like many other players I've spent quite a bit to get certain ships. I did not get the Jemmy or the Galor, but have blown close to $400 on keys in the attempt. Looking back I should have just sold the keys, and bought what I wanted. I limited myself to 100 in this pass simply for financial reasons - I could not justify a buy until i win it mentality. In this case, I had great luck.

Looking back I had probably had more lobi than my initial claim. Give me at least the benefit of the doubt. My tac officer opened them all, and probably had more than 50 at the start. I had opened 50 or so tholian boxes before the last update. My sci toon - the recipient of the reward pack sits on 50 or so - my bad. Don't think ill of Cryptic.

As for the lobi store - had I known of the temporal set, I would have had my scitoon open the boxes as the purchase is bonded to the character that buys them.

Just so you know - as the lobi shows up, there's a tally on the left hand side of your screen.... saw over 200 between openings at least twice.

This set of boxes have turned my opinion on the whole lock-box issue. I shared my experience - next time I wont.

One last point - been chatting with others who have done the same thing. In three cases they too saw a Wells in less than 50 keys. Four had theirs in 10. That's why they call it luck.

Peace
To me i would say that this is a realistic quote simply because of the randomized rates of lobi crystals in lockboxes. It may well could be that he would have gained over 15 or more per box. Personally i get no more than 4-10 in a single box, but saying that i have only unlocked a few of them. It may be that there could have been a vast spell of luck over the period that he was opening up all of these boxes. After all, the boxes are all about luck.