View Single Post
Captain
# 28
12-18-2012, 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaetens View Post
look i think i don't write english here ?! i know i said i wanted the ship(s) but that's not the point here i want to make its the other stuff you get out of the box, look at my list, is that list 35dollars worth to you?

Yes i expected a ship out one of the box's (that's the gambling part of the box) but cryptic claims that the other rewards have at-least the value of the key you need to open it. or that the box gives at-least the value of the key. not sure about you but that's not an impressive list.
oh and it seems that everyone that reply's assumes i open the box's like a crazy man and that i start to complain about them, no its the first time and the last time, that list was not impressive to get me hooked to buy more keys and open them. well i'm lie'ing i will open atleast 3-4 more box's then i have the lobi cryst to buy what i want from the lobi store again.
i bought the whipe and now seek to buy the skirt for the ferengi char. but know this after them not one i will open ever again.
your suggestion of buying a ship from exchange is well noted, few others even said that to me before i wanted to open the 30 box's, but i wanted to gamble for the ship i just did not expected that the rest of the rewards wer that crappy.
ohwell 70million credits it is for the exchange, and i don't play 24/7 so i'll take what 6months to get it. i can't grind hours on hours i do have other things to do in my life and i'm not that great at games to start with either.
Wait a second - Cryptic never said you will get the value back from your key - in fact they never give any odds of winning the ship or how much lobi per box either.

Back when the Temporal Lock-box came out a player Levi3 did an experiment with 250 keys and recorded everything he got.

He got - NO ship out of 250 boxes(but other player results added to his the STOwiki was able to figure out the odds where about 1/180 of getting the ship)

He avg 5.5 lobi per box

So your 35 dollars is just a drop in the bucket to what some people pay. Although he was doing it just to show how terrible the results actually were since Cryptic does not have to release them for their gambling device.

P.S. On a side note I talked to Levi3 in game a few days back - was chatting in Zone chat on the starbase with some other people in their starbase and he came on and asked who we were - he did not know the the zone chat was for every Fed starbase and was wondering who was in his Solo base - LOL!

But even more crazy - He's back building again after taking 6 weeks off after Finishing his tier 3 solo starbase - he now is half-way to TIER 4!! And expects to have a Tier 4 solo starbase completed for the 3rd anniversry - talk about craziness - a solo Tier 4 starbase!