View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 16
12-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandoknight89 View Post
Plasma is mostly weak in PvP, where many people are still running the STF set shields, which have a 20% Plasma damage reduction. It's only slightly weaker in PvE due to the fact that its bonus is damage over time instead of a short, sharp burst of damage like disruptor breach or AP crits can deliver (meaning that it's not as good at immediately KOing an opponent but more for wearing it down over time). However, Romulan Plasma weapons have both the enviable [Acc]x2 modifier freely available as well as providing the Disruptor Breach proc along with the Plasma Fire proc, making them better than normal Plasma weapons.
"Plasma sucks, because someone told me so, okay?" Tired, old news. Plasma has been buffed twice that I can remember for sure. The proc works just as well as any other, though differently. I use adv plasma fleet cannons on my F-TER and it's my most powerful in terms of direct damage minus the tricks of my recon Vesta. Adv fleet AP cannons work fine as well. The moral of this story is to simply pick what you like and use the hell out of it until you develop skill with it, which really makes the difference. And before you start believing what folks tell you, consider the source.

Too many people will hawk one energy type over another simply to justify what THEY use.