View Single Post
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,614
# 9
12-18-2012, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by seekerkorhil View Post
Lol arrogant much? I never pvp and my ship operates at about 95% of its potential with the other 5% sacrificed for pve specialisation.

This game is so simple there is no excuse for you to have your ship perform well in one area and poorly in the other unless you are deliberately penalising yourself by using plasma weapons (which I am, even then I often top damage done in pugs).

A properly fit PVE ship is damn similar to a properly built PVP ship the only difference between the 2 environments is that PVP REQUIRES teamwork.
It is not that simple. In my experience, PvE simply doesn't require a lot of crowd control abilities or debuffs. You're really best of with a high damage build, having your basic heals. The STFs and the No Win scenario seem to be the only modes where many science abilities even become relevant.

For example:
One of the most important powers in PvP has always been Subnucleonic Beam. SNB removes buffs, and a ship that is buffed with an EPtS, Hazard Emitters, Transfer Shield Strength, Auxillary Power to Structural Integrity Field, ATtack PAttern Apha and Omega, and Cannon Rapid FIre is basically neutralized with a single SNB. (A good pilot can survive it in many circumstances, and a team may carry him throught he worse cases). But NPCs? They use 2-3 buffs at best usually. You get much, much more out of an Attack Pattern Alpha.

Not all games have such extreme differences between PvE and PvP. But STO definitely has a big difference.